Autodromo Vallelunga opened in 1951 following the conversion of a horse racecourse in Campagnano di Roma. On October 12, 2006, it was officially named after Piero Taruffi, the engineer who designed it. In 2005, significant expansion and renovation works were completed, bringing the total track length to 4.085 km with 15 turns. The track runs clockwise. The Grand Finals of the Super Trofeo return here for the third time, after 2013 and 2018.