- DAS UNTERNEHMEN
[[ formattedDate ]]
The tenth season of the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe got off to a start at the Monza circuit on April 21-22 with a record-breaking grid of 48 and 47 cars, respectively. Race 1 of the opening round saw the victory of the two rookies Giacomo Altoè and Job Van Uitert from Antonelli Motorsport, while in Race 2 the top step of the podium went to the duo of Imperiale Racing, Karol Basz and Vito Postiglione.
The anniversary marks an important milestone that comes together with the new partnership with the famous Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis and the debut of the Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo Evo in the three one-make continental series taking place in North America, Asia and Europe. The new racecar, that already made its official appearance last week-end in the Asian series in Sepang, is the embodiment of incredible progress in terms of both innovation and safety, and presents revised aerodynamics with the exclusive peculiarity of the rear "fin" on the rear hood.
As the Lamborghini Squadra Corse team and fans all around the world are getting ready to feel the excitement for the upcoming events and novelties ahead, here are some 2009-2018 facts and figures:
• 4 continents;
• 15 women at the wheel;
• 42 racetracks visited;
• 59 countries represented;
• 211 hours, 34 minutes, 53 seconds of racing time in 4 continents, corresponding to 9 editions of the Le Mans 24 Hours;
• 574 days spent on the track;
• 755 drivers have raced in the Super Trofeo;
• 4,155 pit stops with 41,088 Pirelli tires used. The length of all those tires in line is 2,885 km, more than the circumference of the planet Mars;
• 6,461 laps;
• 30,590 kg is the weight of victory: this is the approximate sum in kg of all the Super Trofeo drivers who have climbed onto the podium, equal to the weight of Gancedo, the second largest meteorite discovered in the world;
• 31,761 km of racing: the distance from Sant’Agata Bolognese to Melbourne and back;
• 1,284,000 km covered in total by 280 cars in 10 editions, corresponding to 32 times the earth’s circumference.
Discover Lamborghini Super Trofeo >